Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hybrid class

I really enjoyed our hybrid class this week, it is pretty cool that we were able to have class from anywhere. I chose to go to the computer lab because I wasn't sure exactly what to do on my own. Cherish was there to help us lost lil souls!! Even though we weren't able to talk to each other it was still pretty cool. Being able to break off into separate groups and being able to instant message each other was fun too. I don't believe this would be used a ton in an elementary school setting, but would be very helpful for online courses or if the teacher was out if town or sick. It would also come in handy for guest speakers from anywhere in the world.

I really liked that we could message each other and draw cool stuff. Our group did a project about hello kitty. At first it was a little frustrating to not be able to communicate with our team face to face, but once we got going we worked pretty good together. We got to find out some pretty cool facts with everyone elses projects too. this was a very good way to learn good communication skills for students.

We also made our own flyers, and learned how to personalized them with logos. This is fun for teachers to use in their classrooms to award students for different things. Over all I would say our hybrid class was enjoyable and very helpful!

3 comments:

  1. Hehe, I'm always glad to help. Oh ya, I forgot to get my headphones back from you. I'm so forgetful sometimes. I think your project on Hello Kitty came out great. I had a lot of fun with the award project. It was really neat to be able to present our work to everyone the way we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that hybrid classes might not be the best teaching method for younger children but I think it would be great for the older students. I think this would also be a great tool for homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you there. I don't think this would be the best tool to use with elementary school children. I believe their focus should be used for other things. This tool, however, is great to maybe have teacher conference meeting with the parents whom are unable to attend in person.

    ReplyDelete