Saturday, February 27, 2010

Overall Hybrid

I really think it is neat that we don't all have to be present in a classroom anymore! There are endless possibilities to hybrid classes. They can be a bit challenging at times if the technology does not want to cooperate. It sometimes is a little difficult to figure it out if you are not very technology savvy but we made do! I think the most complicated part was when we did the project with our group and our only communication was typing to each other, but it was a new experience. I found the story about that persons sidekick phone to be astonishing! I can not believe the termoil that a silly phone caused. Technology is a wonderful thing, but it is also very scarey. I think we are just begining to learn its full potential.

I would have to say that out of our two classes the first one was much better. I liked being taught by the instructor opposed to having to read and follow directions. It was also nice being able to type questions to him and getting a response right away. It would have been even cooler to have a headset that would have allowed all of us to talk. I am sure there will be many more hybrid classes in our futures so we had better get used to it! =)

6 comments:

  1. I also think that hybrid classes have endless possibilities. I take online classes as much as I can. It really helps me not have to shell out babysitting costs. lol. I liked the first class better then the second class as well. I think that the second class would have been better had he orgainzed the information better, but we made it through. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, as students, we don't always have to be in the classroom anymore. It blew me away last year, my professor for one of my online classes at VVC was teaching us from the Phillipines. It really is awesome how far technology has advanced just in the past five years let alone, overall. In the future I can see us being the instructors for online classes so it will be helpful to know what parts we like and dislike so we can apply that knowledge in a more useful way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime,
    It noticed that the majority of you seem to like the first hybird class and I liked the second a little bit better. It was just too difficult for me and the second class just seemed to help me more because of the team work. And I have to agree with you about "technology", being scary, I know that many will disagree with me but that is ok.
    Ophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that as long as the technology behaves itself that hybrid classes are a wonderful thing. But when it doesn't work right it makes the hybrid sessions very difficult, such as when the audio kept going out during the first hybrid session. It seemed like it kept going out at key points when he was giving us directions on how to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree the best of thing of hybrid classes is not being having to be in class. Being able to work on school work from home is an excellent attribute to these sessions. I also was astonished by the cell phone story. I was bit scared on how far people will go to go along with someone online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree, hybrid classes or pure online classes allows so many people the freedom of going to school. This is something that in my opinion will be the norm and eventually we will not have to actually go into class for anything. Like you said, there were times it was a bit frustrating, but with practice this is such a wonderful technology.

    ReplyDelete